Introducing My First AAC
My First AAC is an affordable augmentative and alternative communication application for the iPad that is specifically designed for toddlers and preschoolers with delayed speech or severe speech disorders. Intuitive and child-friendly, My First AAC helps young children to communicate with family, caregivers, teachers and various people they meet in everyday life. Developed in collaboration with speech pathologists, My First AAC offers icons organized by categories that reflect children’s natural speech development. Scroll through theme-based category icons, such as greetings, food, or feelings, and access sets of over 250+ related words and phrases to express frequently used ideas. Each word or phrase is represented by a colorful icon and, when tapped, triggers the corresponding audio. The touch screen and large icons make interaction much easier for kids with motor skills deficiencies.
My First AAC Features:
- Intuitive, child-friendly design appropriate for 18 months and older
- More than 250 icons organized by category (mimics natural speech development)
- Child’s voice used in all audio files
- Choice of boy or girl voice also changes gender of child on icons
- Animated icons with sign language for words and phrases like “more” and “all done”
- Icons represent words and phrases commonly used by young children
- Ability to record personal information such as name and phone number
- Customizable screen layout – display up to 2 large icons or up to 8 smaller icons per category
- Hide and unhide icons
- Create a new screen using icons in the library
- Lock the screen to prevent scrolling
For more information about the use of AAC applications and devices by speech and language pathologists, please visit The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
View My First AAC demo